NAON provides numerous materials to help you prepare for certification. Click on the links below to learn more about each of our certification resources:
- Orthopaedic Nursing Review Course
- Bone Up Program
- Online Orthopaedic Nurse Practitioner Review Course
- Core Curriculum for Orthopaedic Nursing, 7th Edition
- Online Orthopaedic Nursing Review Course
- Orthopaedic Nursing Self-Assessment CD, 5th Edition
Be sure to check NAON’s Event Calendar to see if any Orthopaedic Nursing Review Courses are happening near you!
The Orthopaedic Nursing Certification Board (ONCB) has a certification exam that nurses take to obtain the Orthopaedic Nurse Certified (ONC) credential, indicating proficiency within the specialty. This certification is the only credential that documents expertise in the practice of orthopaedic nursing. There are now two advanced practice nursing certifications offered: Orthopaedic Nurse Practitioner (ONP-C) and Orthopaedic Clinical Nurse Specialist (OCNS-C).