National Orthopaedic Nurses Week
October 28 - November 1, 2019
In 2019, we will be celebrating orthopaedic nurses for a whole week! Every year, we are thrilled to see all of the different ways NAON members demonstrate their pride for orthopaedics and showcase the ways you make an impact on a daily basis in your facility. Read on to learn about ways you can get involved in this year's week of celebration, and fun items to help you celebrate that are coming your way!
Spread the Word
Want to notify your facility's events team, or even local media, of how you're celebrating? Download the 2019 National Orthopaedic Nurses Week Press Release.
Get Out into the Community
Engage in the community to raise awareness of the opportunities for a career in orthopaedics and also build morale amongst your team.
- Present to a high school or college class: Help foster the next generation of orthopaedic nurses for the future! Bring your team and explain what you do to help patients on a daily basis, outlining how students can create their own niche specialty within the nursing field. Need a ready-made presentation? Work with our partners at the United States Bone and Joint Initiative (USBJI), to hold a PB&J, Fit to a T or Experts in Arthritis program. For more information, visit USBJI’s Public Education website.
- Volunteer: Do something great for the community as a team - volunteer with a local health care organization or participate in a blood drive.
Get Involved on Social Media
Orthopaedic nurses are nothing short of extraordinary. Thank you for your passion and commitment while playing a vital role in providing professional, competent and the highest-quality care to patients with musculoskeletal diseases.
Print and write your ortho nurse story on NAON's #IAmAnOrthoNurse sign and share on social media with #IAmAnOrthoNurse for the chance to be featured on our social media feeds, and even NAON News!
Please click here to download NAON's #IAmAnOrthoNurse sign.
Be a Leader in Your Facility
Orthopaedic nurses are integral to the entire healthcare team. Do people in your hospital or facility know the important role that you and your team play? Check out some ways to ensure your team is recognized:
- Host a potluck lunch, healthy treat, or dessert day: Facilitate a recipe swap or a cook-off challenge-or just bring in some good food to enjoy each other's company!
- Give out awards: Host an awards ceremony and print certificates of appreciation to present to each of your staff members.
- Say thanks!: A handwritten thank-you note is always appreciated. Ask your administration and other key stakeholders to show their thanks, too, by signing your note or writing one of their own.