Use this interactive online course to learn about Safe Patient Handling and Mobility for the orthopaedic nurse at your own pace. Earn 4.0 category A contact hours by reviewing the entire course, answering all questions, and completing the online evaluation.
This course is highly interactive and includes a number of associated slides that must be viewed in their entirety in order for the course to be considered complete and for the learner to advance to the evaluation and certificate.
Please note that this course is entirely web-based. You will not receive anything in the mail after purchasing the course. (Copyright 2018.)
Course duration: Once launched, the learner will have 180 days / 6 months to complete all modules and the evaluation.
Outomes for the course include:
- Describe ergonomic risks for the caregiver during movement and handling of the orthopaedic patient
- Discuss national standards for safe patient handling and mobility and apply to the evaluation of a safe patient handling and mobility program.
- Outline the current legislative position of Safe Patient Handling and Mobility.
- Verbalize how to safely mobilize an orthopaedic patient who requires assistance with bed mobility, getting up to a chair and ambulating.
- Project Specialist: Colin J. Brigham, CIH, CSP, CPE, CPEA, CSPHP
- Module Authors: Linda Stevens, DNP, RN-BC, CPHQ, CSPHP & Margaret Arnold, PT, CEES, CSPH