NAON Orthopedic Nurse (ONC) Certification Review
||NAON Staff Calendar
||NAON Orthopedic Nurse (ONC) Certification Review
||Sep 19, 2018 09:00 AM America/Eastern
||Sep 19, 2018 05:45 PM America/Eastern
||This course provides a comprehensive overview of the entire spectrum of orthopaedic nursing. In one full day, you will glean the most important concepts and pearls of wisdom needed to care for a broad range of orthopaedic patients. This course provides an excellent final review for those planning to take the Orthopaedic Nurses Certification Exam or those wanting to enhance their orthopaedic knowledge base, and it is a terrific way to provide contact hours for orthopaedic nurses.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Describe the signs and symptoms, surgical and non-surgical interventions, and nursing plans of care for individuals with degenerative joint disease.
- Identify nursing plans of care for the orthopaedic patients during the pre-, intra-, and post-operative periods.
- Discuss signs and symptoms and nursing plans of care for select complications of orthopaedic injuries or surgery.
- Create appropriate nursing plans of care (surgical and non-surgical) for patients with musculoskeletal tumors.
- Differentiate the clinical signs and symptoms and nursing plans of care for patients with selected inflammatory disease processes.
- Compare treatment options and nursing management of metabolic bone disorders.
- Develop therapeutic nursing interventions for children with pediatric, congenital, and neuromuscular disorders.
- Describe common traumatic injuries and nursing plans of care for such patients.
- Determine preventative measures for common sports injuries.
Marcia Weis MSN, RN-BC, ONC
There is no conflict of interest on behalf of planners or presenters of this continuing nursing education (CNE) program.
||Aurora Conference Center
2920 W Dakota Street
NAON_Aurora Health Care external flyer.pdf
(357.1k) - Apr 18, 2018 07:46 AM