Welcome to NAON's Center for Online Continuing Education. Here you will find a variety of Online Continuing Education opportunities, including:
Online Education Center Courses
NAON's Online Education Center offers a variety of courses to help you earn contact hours toward your recertification in Orthopaedic Nursing or nursing license renewal. The courses are designed to be self-paced and on-demand, so you can learn and earn contact hours when it's convenient for you!
The following courses are available in the Online Education Center:
NAON 2015 Virtual Congress Bundles
- Certification Prep:
- Clinical Education:
- Online Conference Courses:
NAON 2016 Virtual Congress Bundles
- 2015 Virtual Session Bundle
- Featuring 6 recorded sessions and worth 7.0 total contact hours.
- The Nuts, Bolts, and Rx of Osteoporotic Fractures
- New Frontiers in Total Joint Restoration-Same Day Surgery!
- Navigating the Ups and Down of Saphenous Nerve Block for Total Knee Arthroplasty
- Checklists Are Not Just for Airline Pilots Anymore
- Save Grandma: Hip Fractures in the Elderly
- When the Music Changes, So Does the Dance: Keeping Step with Evidence Supported Care for the Older Orthopaedic Patient
- 2015 Virtual Poster Bundle
- Featuring all 91 poster sessions and worth 9.1 total contact hours.
- 2015 Virtual Congress Combined Bundle
- Includes all 6 recorded sessions and all 91 poster sessions for a total of 16.1 (10.1 category A; 6 category B) total contact hours.
- 2016 Virtual Session Bundle
- Featuring 7 recorded sessions and worth 8.0 total contact hours.
- Improving Patient Centered Geriatric Fracture Care
- The Orthopaedic Nurse on Trial - Legal Issues for the RN, Courtroom Scenarios and Role Playing
- Failure to Rescue in the Orthopaedic Patient: Impact on Patients, Providers and the Legal System
- Predicting Appropriate Discharge Destination for Elective Hip and Knee Replacements Using Multidisciplinary Postoperative Clinical Scoring Tool
- Improving Post-Operative Pain Control for Opioid Tolerant Patients Undergoing Orthopaedic Spine Surgery
- Movement is Life: A Catalyst for Change in Musculoskeletal Healthcare Disparities
- Safe Patient Handling and Early Mobilization for Total Joint Patiens
- 2016 Virtual Poster Bundle
- Featuring all 102 poster sessions and worth 10.2 total contact hours.
- 2016 Virtual Congress Combined Bundle
- Includes all 7 recorded sessions and all 102 poster sessions for a total of 18.2 (13.0 category A; 5.2 category B) total contact hours.
How it works: These courses are all completely accessible online from any computer with Internet access. After you purchase a course, you will log in to the NAON website at www.orthonurse.org. Once you are logged into the website, go to the Online Education Center. Once you view the course and complete the course and any additional modules/evaluation, your certificate will unlock.
If you do not know your NAON login information, please contact the NAON National Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 800.289.NAON (6266).
Back to Top
NAON offers many live webinars each year free to NAON members! Learn more about current webinars that are open for registration as well as what is coming next. If you missed a live webinar, it can be purchased from the NAON Online Store. Each webinar is worth between 1.0 – 1.25 contact hours.
Visit NAON's webinar page at www.orthonurse.org/webinars to view and register for our upcoming webinars!
Back to Top
The Role of Nurses in the Management of Joint Pain in Women and Black and Hispanic/Latino Women - 2 FREE Contact Hours!
NAON is promoting an educational module developed by Movement is Life. This educational module is worth 2.0 contact hours. Contact hours will expire on May 31, 2017.
Click here to access the educational module.
Back to Top
Orthopaedic Nursing Journal Contact Hours through Lippincott, Williams & Wilkins
For Orthopaedic Nursing journal contact hours, simply select an article below, read each section, take the post test and submit your payment information. Contact Hours for ONJ articles are awarded through Lippincott's Nursing Center.
Questions? Contact Lippincott Williams & Wilkins: 800-787-8985.
If you are a NAON member and are not receiving a copy of the journal, please contact email@example.com to verify your address.