Stay on top of the latest information and practices.
- Get association updates and practical information for your daily practice through NAON's bi-monthly electronic newsletter, NAON News.
- Find out the latest news from the industry through your subscription to the bi-monthly Orthopaedic Nursing journal.
- Communicate with your peers in the NAON Discussion Forums.
- Save money on educational products that help you increase your knowledge and advance your practice.
- Be sure to log in before you visit the eStore.
Be recognized as an expert in your field with information gained from NAON’s education programs.
- Earn more than 30 contact hours at NAON's Annual Congress.
- Register at the member discount for the NAON Annual Congress.
- Attend half-day courses at the Allied Health Program co-sponsored by the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS).
- Take advantage of online contact hours via the Virtual Congress and journal articles from your desktop.
- Get exclusive members-only eligibility for education/certification scholarships and research grants.
- As a member, get free access to NAON guidelines, standards, and webinars!
Upcoming Congress Dates
- May 19 – 21, 2013, in San Antonio, Texas
- Benefit from NAON's vast industry presence, which connects you with colleagues near and far.
- Establish and solidify professional relationships with other nurses from your area through our local chapters.
- Attend local workshops and events listed in our Regional Educational Offerings.
- Reserve a Table Top Display for your next event.
Special Interest Groups
- Receive peer support from a Special Interest Group (SIG) of your choice, formalized groups that focus on identifying and fostering common special interest areas of orthopaedic nurses. These groups meet annually at Congress and provide networking opportunities to discuss issues and challenges that face orthopaedic nurses. They identify and complete projects that serve as resources, provide support and enhance the mission of NAON and the roles and practice of orthopaedic nurses.
- Solve problems, discuss education and development issues, anticipate future trends and overcome daily challenges.
Orthopaedic Nurse Certification
- Attain the highest level of orthopaedic excellence by becoming a certified orthopaedic nurse through the Orthopaedic Nurses Certification Board. (Available for all U.S. registered nurses with at least two years nursing experience and 1,000 hours of work experience as an RN in Orthopaedic Nursing within the past three years; similar criteria for nurses outside the U.S.)
- Receive discounts on certification exam fees.
- Once certified, take advantage of special members-only discounts on educational programs and products.
NAON Works on Your Behalf
NAON's Health Policy Statement represents the opinion of the membership as expressed through the organization's governing board. To ensure that the current issues and needs of the membership are addressed, the Executive Board reviews its statement annually and revises it as needed. Key provisions include the following:
- NAON believes that, to protect the consumer and the integrity of the nursing profession, the practice of nursing should be provided by qualified practitioners.
- NAON advocates increased federal funding for research that specifically supports nursing issues impacting patient care/prevention issues encountered by orthopaedic nurses, the retention of nurses in the nursing profession and the mentoring of nurses.
- NAON supports the allocation of financial resources to assist consumers in obtaining basic healthcare services and catastrophic care expenses.
- NAON promotes quality healthcare and awareness in the areas of pediatrics, gerontology and for the disabled.
Payment of membership dues may be deductible as an ordinary business expense.100% of your dues are deductible for federal income tax purposes as no lobbying expense has been incurred on your behalf. Please consult your tax advisor for specific advice.