NAON Orthopaedic Nursing Excellence (ONE) Award
The ONE Award acknowledges professionalism in nursing practice through demonstration of exemplary care for patients, and achievement in quality outcomes, collaborative interdisciplinary work environments, and professional growth opportunities). This award also recognizes those units with specialty nursing certification, particularly orthopaedic nursing certification (ONC).
NAON developed the ONE Award to applaud those units that meet the defined criteria as stated in this guidebook. The following categories are scored based on the information supplied in the application:
- Staff satisfaction and retention
- Staff certification (ONC or other)
- Staff ratio to patients
- Leadership and learning opportunities
- Positive patient outcome measures
- Participation in national quality initiatives
- Collaboration and supportive work environment
- Outside recognition
Before You Begin
Before you begin the application it will help you to follow these steps:
- Read through the entire ONE Award Guideline booklet. It will provide you with the process and scoring tools that will be utilized.
- Scoring Guidelines are utilized by the panel when evaluating your application.
- Prepare your unit profile first. This profile describes your unit and its functions, as well as challenges. This should be developed collaboratively with staff and leaders. It is not scored; however, must be completed and included in the application.
- Write your application – Review the questions and prepare your responses. Have your application proofread by others for grammar, spelling and content.
Application Dates, Deadlines and Regulations
The ONE Award is confidential and blinded to the panel of judges. One application per unit will be accepted and all application submissions are final; no changes, additions, or deletions will be allowed once the application is submitted.
Application Dates: Applications are accepted from November 1, 2019 to March 1 2020
Application Fee: $1,000
NAON ONE Award Winners will be announced and recognized during NAON's Annual Congress.
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.