NAON's 44th Annual Congress
Save the date and mark your calendar for May 18-21, 2024, to join us in Louisville, KY.
Register for NAON's 2023 Virtual Annual Business Meeting
Join NAON on Thursday, July 13 from 4:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. CT for our Annual Business Meeting where you will hear a recap of the accomplishments of the past year, including a full business summary. There will also be time for members to ask questions.
We strongly encourage all members to attend this meeting as it gives you a first-hand look at your association.
Congratulations to Angela Marvin, MPH, BSN, RN, CMSRN
NAON has awarded Angela Marvin, MPH, BSN, RN, CMSRN from MetroHealth Medical Center, the NAON Research Grant. This year's grant was funded by the Past President's Research Fund, the NAON Foundation and the NAON Greater Akron Chapter. Please join us in congratulating Angela!
Join NAON for Nurse Navigator Networking Activites Next Month!
Join NAON for Nurse Navigator Networking Activities in June by joining the Zoom link at 1 p.m. CT on June 15.
Did you have to miss the last few meetings? To watch previous recordings of Nurse Navigator Networking events, access the file library here.
Movement Is Life Blog: The John Lewis EEMT Act Reintroduced in the House Submitted by Donna Kurek, MSN RN, MHA, ONC, CMSRN, CPHQ
On May 2, 2023 U.S. Rep. Terry Sewell (AL-07) reintroduced the John Lewis Equality in Medicare and Medicaid Treatment (EMMT) Act in the House. If you recall I did a blog post regarding this legislation just over a year ago when Senator Cory Booker reintroduced the EMMT act in the Senate. NAON is one of several organization such as, MIL, The Root Cause Coalition and the Academy of Medical-Surgical Nurses, to a name a few, that have continued to support this legislation that will improve health equity and access to care.
The full press release is linked here. In summary, The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid innovation (CMMI) are not mandated to take into consideration patients’ social determinants of health, such as, environmental or economic background when they are developing value-based care payment models. The John Lewis EMMT Act will direct CMMI to consult with experts on health disparities to create payment models that focus on advancing health equity and access to care instead of just looking at lowering cost of care.
MIL encourages you to reach out to your senator and representative to show your support for the John Lewis EMMT Act as the improvement of patient care and access to care for vulnerable populations we care for in the orthopaedic community are often impacted by value based- care models.
Healthy Tips from ANA's Healthy Nurse, Healthy Nation™ Blog Submitted by Laura Hixon, MSNE, RN-BC, ONC
The start of summer is here! Many of the kids are out of school, teachers are taking a beak and the weather is getting warmer every day. The healthy nurse, healthy nation for ANA provides many suggestions for how you can improve your quality of life. While there is no one size fits all advice because everyone has different priorities and a good quality of life can look different for everyone, there are a few tips that can help you.
- Spend time in nature, recconect and go for a walk
- You can be social, but it is ok to say no when you need to
- Connect with someone you love, connect with the most important people in your life
- Find or develop a hobby you enjoy
- Prioritize qaulity sleep, this regulates hormones, mood and energy
- Eat a healthy, balanced diet, full of vegetables
- Aviod deprivation, enjoy food without being strict
- Drink water, carry water in a reusable bottle
- Get some fun, enjoy some vitamin D and spend some time outside each day
- Move your body everyday
- Take it easy on the alchohol, everything in moderation
- Live in the moment, be present, focus on the here and now
- Plan your time, avoid overscheduling
- Tranform living space, organize your space
- Practice gratititude, make a "thankful" list
- Laugh, watch a funny movie or join friends for a laugh
- Get away, change of scenery can be a stimulant
- Be true to yourself, listen to your gut
- Minimize social media
Hopefully one of these tips will help you have a great summer!
Recorded Webinars for General Members
In 2023, NAON is offering general members free access to five of the webinars that took place throughout 2022. These webinars were chosen based on popularity and results of the surveys taken following viewing of the webinars. Once you register for these webinars, you should be able to access the recordings within the Education Center. Learn more.
Access Your Membership Card Online
Looking for your NAON membership card? Finding it is as easy as 1, 2, 3!
- Log in to your account on the NAON website and go to your profile by clicking “My NAON” in the top right corner
- Click on Memberships to view your active memberships
- Download your ID card