Call for Podium and Poster Presentations
NAON invites you to submit a podium or poster presentation proposal for the 44th Annual Congress. This conference provides opportunities to share and gain knowledge, expertise and perspectives through collaborative education and various modalities. NAON prioritizes inter-professional proposals. Perspectives from nurses, physicians, nurse practitioners, therapists and case managers/navigators add value to the education.
Submit a Podium or Poster Proposal
Podium Presentation Proposals are due by August 18, 2023. You will be notififed of acceptance by October 2023.
Poster Presentation Proposals are due by September 15, 2023. You will be notififed of acceptance by late November 2023.
All submissions are for the live conference event in May 2024. Please carefully follow the online directions when submitting presentation proposals. Incomplete proposals will be disqualified. It it the responsibility of the submitter to save their work through the application process to ensure the online proposal is complete. Note that there can be no more than two physical presentations per poster or three physical presenters per podium presentation. A proposal can be for either a podium or poster presentation, but not both. NAON does not accept any presentation or poster with bias or product promotion.
Call for Presentations Details
Bio and Financial Relationship Form
Education Planning Table
Congress Learning Outcomes
- Implement practice changes based on evidence-based practice, professional development and research in the care of the orthopaedic patient.
- Impact patient outcomes through adoption of best practices and innovation.
- Contribute to a professional environment that encourages collegiality and networking among participants, associated with advancement in orthopaedic nursing education, practice and research.
- Enhance understanding of how orthopaedic nurses can assist in effectively managing patient care within an evolving health care system.
Looking for Topic Ideas?
These were the top ten topics based on feedback from NAON's 43rd Annual Congress evaluations.
- Pain Management
- Total Joint Replacement
- Care Coordination/Nurse Navigation
- Complications and Co-Morbidities in Ortho Patients
- Professional Development
- Ambulatory Care Settings/Same Day/Outpatient Surgeries
- Staff Education/Competencies
- Advanced Practice with Pharmacology
- Orthopaedic Trauma Best Practices
- Certification (Joint Commission DSC or Center of Excellence)
Podium and Poster Presentation Tracks
- Advanced Practice
- Advancing Health Equity
- Ambulatory Care Setting
- Clinical Practice
- Education (Staff or Patient)
- Specialty Certification (ONC, ONP-C)
If you have any questions or desire assistance or feedback, please contact Karen Myrick, NAON Director of Education or Kayla Moor, NAON Education Coordinator prior to submission.