Orthopaedic Nurses Week | October 30 - November 3, 2023
October 30th is International Orthopaedic Nurses Day, but why celebrate just one day? Every year, we are thrilled to see all of the different ways NAON members share their passion for orthopaedics and showcase the ways you make an impact on a daily basis.
Ortho Nurses Week ONRC Workshop
The Orthopaedic Nursing Review Course is a one-day review course for nurses seeking certification. This course will be held at NAON headquarters in Chicago, IL on Thursday, November 2, 2023 starting at 8:00 am CST. Attendees glean the most important concepts needed to care for a broad range of orthopaedic patients. Learners may use this course as an excellent final review before taking the Orthopaedic Nurses Certification Exam (ONC®), or as an enhancement to their orthopaedic knowledge to improve patient outcomes.
Celebration Activities Each Day of the Week
- Monday, October 30 – Celebrate International Orthopaedic Nurses Day by sharing a video about why you love being an orthopaedic nurse on social media
- Tuesday, October 31 – Create a word cloud of 20 words that reflects your perspective on being an orthopaedic nurse and post your word cloud on social along with #OrthoNursesWeek2023 and #IAmAnOrthoNurse
- Wednesday, November 1 – Snap a photo with some of your favorite orthopaedic nurses and your teams. Don’t forget to include some Ortho Nurses Week or NAON swag in your photo!
- Thursday, November 2 – NAON and nursing trivia day! Test your knowledge of NAON and nursing history. Let us know how well you did by using #OrthoNursesWeek2023 and #NAONTrivia
- Friday, November 3 – Say thanks. A personalized thank-you note is always appreciated. Ask your administration and other key stakeholders to show their thanks, too, by signing your note or writing one of their own. And in the spirit of saying thanks, treat someone to a NAON Water Bottle, Travel Mug or Tumbler located in the NAON CafePress Online Store.
Ortho Nurses Week Celebration Materials
- Stickers - print out these Ortho Nurses Week stickers and stick them around your hospital and share with your friends and colleagues
- Thank You Note - use this Ortho Nurses Week branded note to send a sweet message or note of thanks
- Email Banner - drop this banner in your email signature throughout the week with the text, "Join me to celebrate Ortho Nurses Week, Oct. 30 - Nov. 3"